Wednesday, April 29, 2009

In a far away land....




called Layton Utah is where you'll find this girl. But the place i often find myself longing to be is a place called Lyman, also in Utah. I've never seen a more beautiful place in my life, my family calls it Gods County. It's proof in my eyes that there is a God, because nobody else could make something so breath taking. Whenever i can visit Gods County i jump at the chance. I inherited the love of the outdoors and my love for Lyman from my dear Grandfather that passed away just last week. I know my grandpa is once again enjoying the beauty of God's County where he grew up because he no longer has a body that will hold him back. My grandpa was and is my hero. No granddaughter ever had a better grandpa. I remember looking out over the rolling green hills of Lyman last year and in the distance the clouds had gathered, contemplating pouring rain. Out of the clouds sunshine broke through, in the midst of the storm. I'd like to think that the heavens were portraying a message to me that even when sadness and grief hangs over our heads we need to remember that there is always a sun behind the storm. The heavens cried when my grandfather died, as did the earthly angels who gathered to mourn. I pressed my cheek up against a soaking wet coffin, my arms clung to the beautiful wood, not wanting to let go...I pressed my lips against the chest that held my hero, i whispered "i love you". That day was one of the hardest days of my life, but a picture is painted in my mind of a storm and sunshine, so even though times are hard, there is a sun coming that will bring light back into my life.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. Did you design it yourself?
    Your words are very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete